90 Day Spiritual Challenge
Gulf Coast City Church is leading the 90 Day Spiritual Challenge. What is that? Paul’s letter to Timothy sheds some light on what we want to do: … discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things; since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
The goal of this challenge is, starting February 19th, to go ninety days with the goal of developing a healthy life of godliness. Why start on that day? Because the end will be May 19th - Pentecost Sunday.
The best way to develop a healthy life is through nutrition and exercise.But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.”Matthew 4:4
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.2 Timothy 3:16
For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil. Hebrews 5:13-14
Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. James 1:21-22
So what is the challenge? Ten items. A “Top Ten List” for you to focus on God and grow and strengthen spiritually.
1. Bible reading (Psalm 119:1, Colossians 3:16, 2 Timothy 2:15)
2. Prayer time (Psalm 5:3, Psalm 55:17, Psalm 141:2, Mark 11:24-25, 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
3. Attend a church service (Acts 2:46, Hebrews 10:24-25)
4. Witness to someone about Jesus (Mark 16:15, 2 Timothy 4:5, 1 Corinthians 9:19-23, 1 Peter 3:15)
5. Conduct a random act of kindness (Matthew 25:31-46, Hebrews 13:16)
6. Serve in the church (Galatians 5:13, 1Peter 4:10)
7. Attend a small group (Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:24-25)8. Fast & pray one full day (Isaiah 58:5-11, Joel 2:12, Matthew 4:12, Matthew 17:18-21)
9. Tithe regularly (Malachi 3:6-12)
10. Listen only to Christian music (Psalm 32:7, Psalm 42:8, Psalm 119:54)
We encourage you to join us in this challenge. If you’re on Facebook or Twitter - use the hashtag #90dsc so we can connect with you!Also pick your Spiritual Instruction Guide Here